Sunday, December 9, 2012

What I learned...

Growing up, we are told that no one is perfect. There is no such thing as perfection. Yet, we are also told that practice makes perfect. I have learned that there really is no such thing as perfect, and aiming for something that doesn't exist will only stress you out.

I have learned that practice can help you master something. Practice is what it takes to do the best you are capable of doing, and hell, that might as well be perfection.

I have learned that there is always room for improvement. No matter how well you think you may have wrote something, you'll get a paper back marked in ink with corrections. Seeing this doesn't mean you have failed, it means there is room for improvement.
I have learned to not let your pride get in the way of asking for help.

I have also learned that curiosity doesn't kill the cat; curiosity gets that cat a damn good story.

After my first couple of articles, I learned that I am more interested in SHOWING people what is happening, rather than writing it down in an article. I plan to pursue photojournalism instead from this experience.

This class has opened up my eyes to what I want in life, to be honest. This class helped me rediscover my true passion. Photography.

I can put my curiosity and creativity together to produce something totally amazing. It takes the right kind of person to teach and guide someone into what they really want out of life. This class did that.

I plan to take Photojournalism next semester and have a feeling that will be a great experience as well.


Through Buddhism and this class, I have learned you have to find the truth yourself. Don't believe what you hear. To become enlightened, you have to search for the truth on your own and DEFY THE LIES!

Buddha's final words of encouragement to his students were something like, "Be a guiding light to yourselves; continue forward with vigorous effort and steadfast commitment to the truth."

Take that advice, and you'll be surprised what you can achieve.

Thanks, Ms. Sheppard.



-danielle wiebe

online portfolio




No comments:

Post a Comment