Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First Deadline...Check!

As we have finally finished our first newspaper, I am able to to reflect and....RELAX!

Okay, maybe not. Our rough draft for our next story is in 5 days. No pressure...

Writing my first story was a bit of a challenge, but it was definitely a good learning experience. From the reporting to the writing criteria of not being too editorialized, everything was new to me.

I enjoyed seeing my rough drafts progress through each submission and eventually lead into a whole story. Along with being able to be published in a college newspaper, taking my own photos for my article was another added bonus for me. The photos always tie the story together, in my opinion, so it was neat that I was able to capture the details that I wanted.

Seeing the finished newspaper, in all of its beautifully-designed goodness, I am proud to see how everything came together and I can't wait to start newspaper #2!

-Brooklynn Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment