Wednesday, February 27, 2013

3rd time's a charm!

Going into article #3, I knew I had a cool topic; but didn't know how great the article was actually going to turn out.  I found this great article of a new library that will open in Texas that will be completely book-less!  As someone who loves a good paperback/hardcover book, i found this interesting. At first, I thought "will people care?" Are there any more people out there, who just like me, still go to libraries?"  Then I thought, "C'mon, of course there are, and even if there isn't, it's still somethnig I want to talk about."

I contacted the campus librarian at my college and little did I know, reaching to her was going to lead me to the most quotes I've ever had in an article so far. She was so interested in this story that she reached out and included two more librarians, the Dean of libraries and technology and the outreach librarian at the college!

Starting an article is always the hardest part for me. I want that awesome first sentence that will make the reader want to continue reading. In this article though, it wasn't as hard. "Imagine a bookless library..." that's all I needed, and as soon as I wrote it, I couldn't stop writing. Having so many quotes made it easier to write the article, the quotes said everything I wanted to say, all I had to add was bits of information here and there.

I'm defintiely proud of this one; not only because of all the quotes, not because it will land on the front page of the newspaper and not because of how much it was liked, but because I'm finally starting to leave my thoughts off the paper and finally start to write like a real journalist.

Now..what to write for article #4?!

Sorangel Santiago
Staff Writer
Seminole Scribe


No comments:

Post a Comment