Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Old News is Better Than No News

After a very unfortunate mix-up with due-dates, I didn't get my 2nd article in on time. Which was extremely unfortunate, but what made a bad situation better was that I had an outline and 2 drafts of the article that was supposed to go into the second issue already written and able to be tweaked and put into the third issue.

The only problem with this is that it had to do with Ran'D Shine, the magician who performed during the African American Heritage event earlier in February. The question I found myself asking was whether or not anyone was even going to care about my profile. Ran'D was an amazing magician, but once he left, he was gone and I doubt anyone gave him a second thought afterwards. But what other choice did I have? Articles have to be completed so quickly that I didn't have time to try and write something else, so I did the best with what I had. At the end of the day, it was a great piece. But it was a bit out-dated. Old news. But that's better than no news. And It's a lot better than another 0.

- Ashley Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment