Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What I Learned: Christina Fleming

After writing my first column for the Seminole Scribe I learned so many things I did not expect coming from this class. Unfortunately, I became sick during the first week of school and it managed to set me behind schedule. I learned that it does not matter if I am sick, the story still needs to be written. When it comes time for real life journalism it is not going to matter if I am sick because someone else will not be. That person is going to go out and get the story I did not get because I let being sick stand in my way. I felt as if I kept procrastinating the interviews I had scheduled because I did not want to interview someone while I was feeling under the weather, and then I ended up rushing to school last minute to get it done. When I was rushing to school I got a ticket. Which I am still absolutely furious about! Another thing I learned from writing this story is that things I am used to from Georgia are very different here in Florida. I can say this because even the people have different personalities here as a whole from what I have realized. I think I am going to have to work on my "southern accent" because during every interview and the poll I took everyone pointed out the way I speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment