Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What I Learned ~ Carissa May

Well, let's see...I learned that once you know the rules of journalism and have practiced them a bit (hence the strict guidelines for the first article) you can start to bend the rules a little bit AS LONG AS everything is fact, quotes are correct, and sources are accurate. After the first article I felt more confident when writing my second one. Plus, it helped that I had a very specific goal for my article topic because there were several different ways my story could have gone, but I chose the one that would probably benefit students more (which happened to be the one in which information and facts could be easily accessed). I still struggled with writing a good nutgraf, which is one thing I really hope to improve on for the rest of the semester. My second article seemed a lot easier to write and it's given me more confidence for my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment